I’ve been asked a gazillion times when will I get married and it’s like a broken record that kept playing in my head whenever I hear that question. Sometimes, I still get irritated no matter how hard I try to play it cool. :p
I’m 33, and so what? As they say, life begins at 40. Ha! At any rate, I’m also human and I long to get married someday. However, entering the married life for the sake of having a husband and kids doesn’t appeal to me.
I could have been married a couple of years ago but I opted not to. Although I suffered a lot of turbulent events because of that, it’s been one of the wisest decision that I’ve ever made in my entire life. My life could have been hell or even worse. Whew!
I definitely want to get married someday (sooner rather than later) BUT with the guy whom I would love and look forward to see and be with, day in and day out, in sickness and in health, through good times and bad times, through hardship and prosperity… Awwwwww…. I’m getting cheesy. :p
I want to spend the rest of my life with someone whom I really really really want to be with. Adoption will be an option if I can’t have kids by then. Also, I can just travel the world, earn buttload of bucks and find myself a good home for the aged to take care of me when I get old if I don’t crosspath with my “guy”. 🙂
Anyway, below are some of the standard replies that I’ve formulated to the frequently asked question, “when are you getting married?”:
- in God’s time
- Reaction: they look at me in a very strange way then shut up.
- tomorrow, venue: Jollibee (Filipino version of McDonalds), food: kiddie meal (toy included which served as a souveneir)
- Reaction: They laugh and say that I’m funny. Some actually believes it though. whoa!
- next year, it will be in Las Vegas
- Reaction: “Oh! How can we attend, We don’t have a budget for the airfare”
- read http://www.thecuriousme.com – wedding article
- Reaction: None yet. I’ve just thought of it.
It seems like I’ve managed to turned the tables on them. It tickles my funny bone whenever I see their reactions. Ha!
Single ladies rock the world! 😀 Aja!